In other news.... things in Astana are good. Rylie was her sweet little self this morning. She was still in her crib when I got there, so her caregiver directed me into the bedroom to get her when she started crying at around 9:45. At that point, I washed her face and fed her breakfast. Luckily Adam isn't here, so there are no pictures or video footage to document how ridiculous Rylie made me look during the feeding process. I think Rylie believes my sole purpose is to play with her and hug & kiss her. So when I try to feed her, she makes a crazy mess and does stuff that she never does when the caregivers feed her. After she stuck her hand in her rice cereal 3 times and blew two raspberries with her mouth full of oatmeal(resulting in food all over my hair and face and Gulya's hair) Gulya took over and finished feeding Rylie. At that point, I changed Rylie and we headed off to the playroom for the rest of our morning. We had a lot of fun during our visit. Rylie was very talkative and cuddly. Her voice is really high pitched. It is very sweet. Rylie played a little with her "Learning Puppy" that we brought from home. It is one of those stuffed animals that sings and teaches parts of the body, colors, ABCs, etc. The first couple of times I brought it out, Rylie has been terrified of it. Today, I brought it back out and she was a little intrigued. After about 10 minutes I put it back in the bag. She kept looking at the bag the rest of the morning to see if it was still in there, and even touched it a few times. The fact that she didn't let out this terrible shriek at the sight of it was a huge improvement.
At the end of our visit, Rylie's doctor did a quick check up (it seems as though she checks all of the babies every day or so, just to stay on top of things) and then it was naptime.
Just a few pics...
This is the hospital where Rylie was born!



And this is Rylie looking for the stupid "8" made out of foam that I think has the teeth marks of every child that has ever been in that playroom. I hid it last week after she wouldn't stop playing with it. She caught sight of it this morning and was determined to get it at all costs. Luckily I distracted her with a ball once she found it and I hid it again.

So that's all from Astana. Off to do laundry and sanitize Rylie's toys--- yes, I've become that person. Love to everyone....


5 comments:
So cute! HAHA I think all parents become those people at some point.
Sandi
Hi---I laughed at this blog too...Sorry about the spinach enchiladas.. but I know that if anybody can change their minds and can "lawyer" them to death, you'll be that person...
It's okay to be one of those people..We all become one of those people somewhere along the line when we have children. Enjoy your full day visits with her..Give her hugs and kisses from us...
Love, Mom and Dad/aka Rylie's Nana and Pa
I am very comforted by this blog. Clearly it was a passing moment of maturity. I can't believe you admitted on the internet that you make Adam guess what foods you miss the most! I will add that to the list of why you are my friend.
Love, Michele
Maybe you'd like an artichoke and cheese omelet from Jay's Diner?!?!
I am sorry for your loss of the spinach enchilada!
We'll just have to start an international petition, heck with all your readers, it might have some impact. They might even send a care package!
Post a Comment