So here is the update from Saturday's visit.... When I got to the Baby House, Rylie was still asleep from her morning nap. At around 9:55, she started to cry, so her caregiver directed me into the bedroom area to get Rylie out of her crib. Rylie was shocked to see me walk through the door, as I have never gotten her out of her crib before. As I walked in, her mouth opened, pacifier fell out, arms started waving and reaching up and a big smile came over her face. It was very sweet. Rylie ate and then we went off to play for the rest of the morning. We had a fun visit, and as Saturday visits go, it was very calm and quiet--- which was really nice.
Here are a few pictures from our morning together.
Just playing with some toys...
Apparently Rylie and her cousin Micah have a lot in common--- they both enjoy putting their feet in their mouths. 

Rylie's other big discovery is that she can insert her finger in my nose and other people's ears. I don't think that she's figured out yet that she can stick her finger in her own ears or nose, but she is very intrigued by other people's.
A picture of "me and mini-me" as Adam refers to us...
Here is Rylie with one of her other caregivers, Altin. Rylie really likes Altin. And even though she looks really serious in the picture, Altin always smiles and sings to Rylie, which she loves. 
So that's all from Astana. Oh, and as far as the movies go--- they have some DVDs downstairs that have English as a language option, so they are not subtitles. They don't have the greatest selection, but it is cheap, convenient, entertaining, and not BBC or VH1 (which are the only two English channels we get on TV.)
Love to everyone----


3 comments:
She totally does look like a mini-me of you... that picture is great!
And at least you have vh-1... I mean, what's better than that show, "the flavor of love"?!?!?!?
Enjoy your Sunday
I love the pictures and I definitely agree with Eve that the "Me and Mini-Me" duo does so look alike. Daddy and I have said that all along.
Enjoy this week with her ...We miss you but we are excitedly waiting for your trip back home..
Love to both of you---Mommy/Rylie's Nana
We agree there is a definite resemblance --so that is settled, she is a perfect fit for the family. Wonderful pictures as usual and everyone is so enjoying them. You have quite a following - more readers than you might imagine so keep up the great reporting! much love
Post a Comment