So here is the story with our dear Rylie....
The first day we met her, she was crawling all over the room and smiling. The doctor said she was showing off. Her doctor and caregivers told us that she was extremely active and mobile for her age. The first two days we visited with her, she was very active displaying all of her talents- crawling, etc. Slowly, our dear little Rylie just wanted to be held by Mommy and Daddy. She has a very pathetic little pout, that precedes the cry which is often associated with the stomping of her right foot. (According to her caregivers, our dear little Rylie also has quite a temper.)
So we've known this whole time that for the 22 hours out of the day that we aren't there, when she isn't sleeping, she is very active. She just usually prefers not to show us these secret talents. We hear this from both her doctor, her caregivers, and families that are in her class in the afternoon to pick up their babies for visitation.
So here I am, all excited that for the past few days she has been trying to pull herself up. I've been thinking that as soon as she gets to something the right height, she'll get it. Well, when I went to put her in her crib for her nap after today's visit, I noticed that our little Rylie's crib railing has been raised. One of the caregivers came in this morning and apparently found little Rylie standing in her crib. She's figured out how to get up, but from there, she is stuck- which is what resulted in some screaming according to the caregiver. Knowing our little princess, I am sure I won't see this trick though for a few days.
So here are a few pics of today's visit. I went in the morning, but there was some TV show filming going on, so they asked us to come back in the afternoon. It ended up working out fine. There were two other families this afternoon and our translator was there today too, so that was nice.
Rylie loves looking out the window- she was very intrigued by the people outside, and Gulsana's briefcase.

And then just a picture of Rylie and Mommy. 
Hope you are all well. Oh, and Adam is home safely. After 36 hours, he finally made it home. As far as my Friday night plans here in Astana- I rented a chic flick and I bought a jar of Nutella. I mean, I love my husband and all, but if Adam isn't going to be here, this is a pretty good second option.
Love to everyone---


6 comments:
She just gets cuter and cuter with each post.
I am glad your on the down hill ride to getting out of Kaz and getting home.
So renting a chick flick now that is awesome, we can all use a little girl time.
sandi
Hi there--She is so cute!!! And so smart!!! We are not partial at all..
Stay well and enjoy it all.. We are laughing so hard about how her personality is so like yours...
Love ya--Hugs and Kisses to you both and to Adam in Arizona..
Mom and Dad---Rylie's Nana and Pa
Hi,
I just read your Mom and Dad's post and have to agree with them - Rylie is so like her Mommy. Determined, a cute pout, funny and most especially lovable! Do the DVDs have english subtitles? What move did you rent? I bumped into the former director of my department. She is the one I mentioned had adopted a son from Khaz. Well I found out she adopted another son so she has 2 boys 3 and 5. The older one she was in Astana for the younger one was from outside Astana. When she spoke of Astana she spoke of the incredible doctor at the baby house and the fantastic care the children receive. We also spoke about the connections you make with other families. Ilona said they are now all life long friends. So glad Adam is home safe and sound. Take care. Stay well. Hugs and Kisses. Love, Aunt Raggedy
Hi - Thanks for the wonderful update - she gets more adorable and smart with each passing day (a truly objective opinion of course); how silly of me to think that Nutella was some kind of rare Kaz vodka - ok , now I know. :-) Good talking to Adam, he should have that place sparkling clean by the time you get home.
Rylie sounds so cute and we can't wait to meet her. I look forward to teaching her how to juggle....especially eggs.
Oh, and we can teach her all sorts of new words, just like we did for her aunt and mother when they were young........
Love from Uncle Michael, Aunt Barbara, Jason and Josh...
We didn't know that Adam was coming home earlier than you!? Does this mean that you are flying home alone with Rylie? I love to read about your adventures! And, wow! Rylie does have some of her mommy's characteristics! Much love to you and let Adam know that if he needs anything [or wants a buddy to hang out with] to call us!
Samantha
Post a Comment