Monday, December 17, 2007

The final countdown....

Just got back from a great visit with Rylie. She goes nuts every morning when I come in her room, and today was no different. It is definitely nice to know that I am not the only one who gets super excited for our time together!
Rylie's newest favorite activity--- being upside down. She loves it. She couldn't get enough of it. And when I thought we were done (after like 36 times of her being upside down) she keeps pushing her head back for more.
While we were in the playroom with Sabina and her parents, Dr. Alma (the head of the Baby House) came in for a few minutes. You basically only see Dr. Alma your first day here and your last day here. So she came in and visited with the girls for a few minutes and spoke in Russian to our translators about how the babies are destroying the room- the truth is, they aren't the first and they won't be the last! So after Sabina got her picture taken with Dr. Alma, I went over with Rylie to get a picture of Rylie and Dr. Alma. Dr. Alma put her arms out and called out to her Naina, and Rylie grabbed onto me for dear life. She was having none of it. While this is definitely a good sign as far as the whole attachment/ bonding thing goes, it doesn't really do so much in terms of trying to make nice to the woman who decides when she gets to escape the Baby House- which given the holidays this week, is still up in the air. So in an attempt to smooth things over, we took a picture of the three of us together.
Here we are with Dr. Alma...

While we were inside, some of the older children were outside playing with the sleds. Here are a few pictures of the 2 and 3 year olds outside. Look how cute they are!!!(It is probably a good thing that they now limit how many children you can adopt at once--- I think I would come home with a whole plane full if they'd let me!)Oh, and lastly, Gulsana started getting some basic information from Rylie's caregivers for me about her schedule, food likes/dislikes, etc. Apparently Rylie may look like her Mommy, but she eats like her Daddy! I guess when Gulsana asked what foods she doesn't like the two caregivers laughed and said in Russian "Naina eats anything and everything!" That's my girl!

That's all for today. Love to everyone...

5 comments:

Susan said...

great pictures. I think rylie may be a good candidate for some mommy and me yoga classes. She likes inversions--they are very good for you. :)

The lil kids were too cute out in the snow!!!!

I'm loving that she clung to her mommy with the Dr at the baby house.
:)

Unknown said...

1. I am very impressed that you cleaned so much. Very maternal of you!

2. I wil equate Rylie's diss of the baby house doctor with her mother's tendency to say anything to anyone, no matter how much larger, tougher, or consequential in decision making they are! You are meant for each other...watch out Adam!

Love Michele

Mom and Dad Bresnick said...

Okay--This was another funny one. Michele is right on with her point #2. Rylie and Mommy--the deadly duo who tell it like it is.
Rylie and Daddy--the eating duo who will enjoy cooking and trying different foods...(This is so not Mommy.)

Love ya--Mom/ Rylie's Nana

Saba and Safta: Ed and Elaine said...

What wonderful pictures of the two of you (yes, the yoga is a great idea) and the kids playing outside...we can imagine that it would be hard not to want to bring them all home - maybe bunkbeds are in order in the T-house. The clock is ticking down and before long, Miss R will be taking in the big world - what a change that will be! Miss you.

Jeremy and Jessica said...

Adam and Sara,

Thanks for leaving a comment on our blog. I love reading and finding new blogs to read. We can't wait till we get to travel. Adam was it hard to leave and go back home and Sara how is it for you? We may have to do this too where Jeremy comes home before us and I'm so scared to think that may happen.

Two more days till Rylie's with you.

Best Wish and Merry Christmas
Jessica

Bringing Rylie Home- Our Journey to Kazakhstan