Saturday, December 22, 2007

Life with Rylie...

So we've now been in the apartment with Rylie for a little over 24 hours, and she is doing fabulously. We had a great evening with her, and she very much enjoyed exploring her new surroundings. She has been eating great. She slept really well last night. I would be lying if I said the same was true for me- I basically sat there watching her for much of the night and for the time that I actually did sleep, I think I woke up every 20 minutes to check on her. The only thing Rylie really hates, other than of course her snowsuit (which she had to wear two times today) is the bath. Rylie got to watch Sesame Street for the first time- I brought a DVD from home. She was very intrigued, especially by Elmo. Overall, she is doing amazingly well, especially considering all of the changes that have happened in her little world over the past 30 hours. To say that I am ecstatic to have her finally would be the understatement of the century. We just can't wait to be on our way home to Phoenix.
We got Rylie's passport today and are heading to Almaty on Christmas Day, where we will finish all of the paperwork at the US Embassy, then it is off to Phoenix! We could head to Almaty tomorrow, but the clinic and Embassy aren't open on Christmas day, so we're just sticking with our original plan. Still hoping to be home on Saturday afternoon 12-29 around 2:45 pm Phoenix time, but we'll see how it all plays out.
Here are a few pictures of Rylie for the past day. Enjoy...
Rylie and Pa reading Rylie's favorite book Are You Ticklish?

Rylie loves her Pack n Play. While I know a lot of people take this time in Kaz as an opportunity to come up with creative sleeping arrangements for their babies, we just stuck with a pack n play. It wasn't such a big deal to bring, and Rylie has been sleeping really well in it. For whatever my two cents are worth to people who are waiting to travel, I would recommend bringing one along. They are super expensive here, so I would not plan on buying one here. Rylie is a big fan of scratching on the mesh siding of the pack 'n play. She seemed to enjoy doing that. I enjoyed it also at 12:30 this morning :-)

The previously mentioned bath that Rylie hated. She stood up and tried to walk away in the middle.

Rylie definitely likes Elmo. She was very intrigued by him for the 15 minutes of Sesame Street that we watched today. And lastly, have you ever seen anything cuter!?!? This was layer number 2 over her regular clothes before we put her snowsuit on.

So that's all. Love to everyone....

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I am so glad you and Rylie are settling in. The joys and challenges of parenthood. Love the pictures. Send my love to your Dad. Take care. Stay well. Hugs and Kisses. Love, Aunt Raggedy

Saba and Safta: Ed and Elaine said...

It is so amazing that she is finally and offically a member of the family!...and you look like such a natural, of course. The pictures are so adorable and heart warming, considering the long journey to this point in her life as well as both of yours. We are proud of all of you and look forward to the up front and personal greetings that are so overdue. Cheers and love from Ventura! (Pa looks great, too)

Mom and Dad Bresnick said...

Hi My Family--At least the Kazakhstan Bunch---You all seem to be doing fine. I did love looking at her in that very cute layer#2. She looked like a darling little bear cub. The bath picture was also a keeper, too. Who got cleaner--Mommy or Rylie?

I miss you all, but I am looking forward to seeing you when you get to Phoenix. While I am here in Maryland, I am getting lots of congratulations for you on Rylie's adoption and exit from the baby house. I will tell you all about them when we meet up in Arizona.

Be well and enjoy every single minute of this special "getting to know you" time...

Love to three of my very favorite people...Mom/Rylie's Nana/

P.S.-Keep those skype calls coming!!!

Amy said...

Cute as a button!!! You sound like you are doing pretty darn good even on little to no sleep! I love the picture of the teddy bear outfit and even the one of her trying to escape the bath!

Kjersten, Steve, Aitugan & Nurai said...

YEAH!!!!!!!
congratulations Rylie!!! So glad to see and hear that things are going well for you both and that it looks as though your dad made it safely to Kaz. We can hardly wait to see some pictures with Adam as well when you are finally a family of three together in the same place. Our time here in Almaty is coming to a close. We were able to get an Embassy appt. on Monday the 24th so will be flying home the morning of December 25th. Although we are thrilled to be leaving we are sad to not be able to see you in person one more time. We hope Maria, Greg and Sabina are all doing well. We didn't get their email before we left, so if you talk to them, please tell them congratulations also! This is a long post in part to the fact that we didn't get your email either. So, please email me at some point because we would love to stay in touch with the families from the baby house. CONGRATULATIONS AGAIN! We wish you the best as you finish your journey for home.
Much love, Kjersten, Steve and Aitugan.
(my email - oumou99@yahoo.com)

Kim said...

Josh hated the bath at first too. She will love it by the time you get home. :) Glad to read she is doing so well. You both look so happy in your photos!

Rebecca said...

WOW.....You seem so at ease even though I am sure its a huge transition! I am glad your dad is there to help! You are in the final stretch now! I am so happy for you and your whole family!

love, rebecca

Susan said...

great idea on the pack and play!!! she is so darn cute. and I hear it's way common for them to hate baths...I bet you get her LOVING it when you're home. You can get in with her and bring fun toys.
She is way cute. :)

Bringing Rylie Home- Our Journey to Kazakhstan