Friday, December 21, 2007

Free at last!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rylie is free! At 2:00 this afternoon, we went to pick up Rylie! After giving out the goodies to all of the wonderful people at the Hope Baby House Astana, we left with Rylie. Finally, she is here. For good. Such a good feeling!
A few pics of Rylie's big escape, a lot of goodbyes and a special hello to her Pa!
When we got there, Rylie got to meet Pa for the first time! Rylie gave Pa lots of smiles!
Pa with one of the original little princesses, and of course his newest little princess!
One last time on the changing tableAnd some special goodbyes to some very special people--- the caregivers
Leaving Rylie's room, once and for all....
One final goodbye to a very special doctor....
And of course to Dr. Alma!
And then we began the preparation of bundling Rylie up for the snowy Astana day. And leaving together, for good!!!
Coming home to the apartment
Rylie is doing fabulously. We are thrilled to have her for good, and never have to give her back!love to everyone!!!!





13 comments:

Sandi said...

Congratulations! What a wonderful way to end your week. I am glad your dad is their, what a special time to share with him.

May all of you have a great time while still in Kazakhstan and I hope you are able to get home soon.

Sandi

Mom and Dad Bresnick said...

Hi--I love the pictures. I am so glad that Daddy is there with you both. I miss him, but I know that he will be a big help on your journey home.

Iloved hearing her little voice during the Skype call. She is so so so sweet. I miss you all and I am counting the days...

Love you all--Mom

Susan said...

aww I got all emotional reading your post today. What a wonderful day for you guys.
I love love love her lil boots.

How awesome your dad is their with his princess' x 2.

that is awesome.
thanks for the happy tears this morning. :)

Unknown said...

I am at a loss for words I am so excited!!!!

What a happy Friday!

Love you, Michele

Kim said...

Wooo Whooo! Congratulations! How special that your dad is there too. Enjoy the rest of your time in Astana, you are almost home!

Kim

Anonymous said...

Hi,

Okay, so I am emotional these days for a number of reasons but seeing you together and knowing it is for always brought tears to my eyes. We are so very thrilled to have Riley in our family. I am glad that your Dad could join you. What special memories this will be for you all. Now a new phase of your journey begins with all its joys and challenges - never a dull moment I'm sure. Take care. Stay well. Hugs and Kisses. Love, Aunt Raggedy

Elaine Swartz said...

Add my name to the list of those of us blubbering away in the USA! The pictures are fabulous and we are so very excited for all of you! The little munchkin has no clue of what's whirling about her - but we do, and it's beyond joy and blessings. Can't wait to hear that you are on your way home with the newest member of the family!

Love, Elaine

Hannah said...

There are no words for this post. Thanks for sharing! Enjoy.

Love, Hannah

Saba and Safta: Ed and Elaine said...

Wow, what a day and seeing "Pa" with Riley makes it all so much more real that she is finally only several days away from joining all of us at home - a truly wonderful report and we so wish all of you a safe & healthy journey. love mom & dad

Saba and Safta: Ed and Elaine said...

Sorry - we do know how to spell her name..all that excitement and our fingers got ahead of our brains. We love you Rylie

Amy said...

Congratulations on making your escape!!!

Eve said...

Mazel Tov! Such wonderful wonderful wonderful news!

And I love that your dad is there!

And selfishly... I love that she came home on the 21st of December...:)

All the best!
love, eve:)
ps... how'd you sleep last night??

Matthew Ruley said...

I've been stalking your blog and following along. Congratulations! Rylie is so cute in that hot pink winter suit!

What a wonderful time to have Dad there with you, to help but also to make some wonderful memories with him.

Congratulations again on breaking her out of the orphanage... I look forward to reading forward!

Bringing Rylie Home- Our Journey to Kazakhstan