Wednesday, December 12, 2007

HAPPY BIRTHDAY NANA!!!

Happy Birthday Nana!

Rylie wants to wish her Nana a very Happy Birthday! We looked at Rylie's special photo album and I showed her again who everyone was. This morning we even sang Happy Birthday to Nana's picture. I am not kidding. We really did this. Rylie seemed to like it. She finished the birthday celebration by trying to eat the picture.
And tomorrow is Safta's birthday, so we get to sing again! After not too long, Rylie was distracted by a ball and she crawled off.I got to visit my little princess twice today! This morning we had a really nice visit. Rylie had already eaten by the time I got there, so she didn't get the opportunity to make me look like a fool this morning! So we just got her changed and headed off to the playroom. Rylie was her usual happy little self. I am happy to report that she is looking more like the little Rylie from last week. I think it was just the 4 layers of clothing (and poopy diaper) that made her look enormous on Monday afternoon. We spent much of the morning "walking" around. Rylie is a big fan of the whole walking thing. She prefers to walk holding on to my fingers much more than crawling. And when she crawls, it usually involves her trademark pout. We did so much walking that by around 11:45, there were big yawns from Rylie. We just chilled for the last little bit of our morning visit. I think she was asleep in her crib before I even left the room.
This afternoon I was able to see Rylie again! In the afternoon, we hung out with Rylie's friend, Sabina and her parents. This is always fun for the two girls. They really love one another.
And just one last picture from today..
Check out those eyes....Love to everyone....

7 comments:

Eve said...

LOVE that bottom picture!

And Happy Birthday Nana and Safta! Love those December babies!!!

And from NY where my school is closed even though snow isn't expected for a while... GOOD MORNING! ITS GONNA BE A GOOD DAY!

love, eve:)

Sandi said...

I love the pictures especially the last one.

How awesome you get to go 2x per day.

sandi

Mom and Dad Bresnick said...

Hi--Thank you so much for my wonderful birthday greeting. What a wonderful way to start my day! And happy birthday in advance to Rylie's Safta (Elaine) who is enjoying her first grandchild's birthday wishes as well..

I love the pictures. What a warm way to start the day on a potentially snowy day and snowy weekend. To Eve--enjoy the snow day!

Sara and Rylie---We will celebrate all birthdays when you get home ....Rylie and Micah are my best birthday presents this year...and Jordyn is my birthday present from three years ago that keeps giving. (Oh, wait a minute--I think I am the one that keeps giving..Ha Ha!!! That's a Nana's joy!)

Ilove you!!! Mommy/Nana (Daddy agrees with all this)

Elaine Swartz said...

Hi, Cousins! Been loving the Tales of Rylie Naina! Friday, the 14th, is cousin Karen's birthday, so you can get to sing once more! Your daily entries have been delightful, informative, and entertaining - Rylie will have a great collection of stories about how she came to be such a lucky little girl.

Much love to all of you, from the soon to be snowy MA contingent!

Elaine

Catalina said...

Congratulations, its so nice to know there are so many happy parents around. Your daughter is very beautiful and I love the pictures. I am also expecting to travel soon, we just found out about the region.
Enjoy the Holidays!
Catalina

Kjersten, Steve, Aitugan & Nurai said...

Hiya Sara,

Thanks for the messages. How exciting that you get to see Rylie twice a day now! We will hope that continues until you get to break her free next week. You can certainly try to give us a call at the apartment if you want. Aitugan has been sleeping really well (except for this afternoon) and when the phone rang yesterday it didn't seem to bother her. We will hope this continues, but of course only time will tell. We are hoping Aitugan's passport is finished tomorrow but not really sure how much even that will speed things up for us because of the holidays next week. I won't be surprised at all if we end up in Almaty together.
Even though we're not at the baby house daily anymore it's fun to be able to catch up on Rylie's daily progress through the blog and comments. Tell Rylie tomorrow that Aitugan says 'hello'.
-Kjersten

Saba and Safta: Ed and Elaine said...

Hi -- What wonderful pictures, and so expressive - she is really showing off her absolute cuteness! Thanks for the BD wishes and I wish I was there to hold her and hear her babble! love, safta

Bringing Rylie Home- Our Journey to Kazakhstan