We had a great visit this morning with Rylie. When we got there, she was still eating breakfast. We managed to capture a few shots of Rylie's favorite caregiver feeding her breakfast. She was eating with her friend, Sabina, who will be going home to live in San Diego around the same time we come home to Phoenix.

After Rylie finished eating, we went into the playroom to hang out for the next couple of hours. We had a lot of fun today. We have noticed a recent "streak of independence" coming out in Rylie. She definitely knows exactly what she wants and if you don't have the toy that she wants, she will go and get it herself. She's figured out where all of the toys are kept....
Rylie also had a ton of fun on the indoor slide with Daddy. She loves to stand up on the top and dance and smile at Mommy. Rylie also loved playing with feet today. Not only her own, but she loved getting tickled in her belly by Daddy's feet. She lets out the loudest giggle, it really is so cute. Here's a shot from the tickling---
After our visit with Rylie, we went to lunch at a Turkish restaurant. It was really good. And across the street, we saw a store called "Phoenix" so we took a picture of Phoenix in Russian.
The building in the distance with the blue dome is the Presidential Palace. The two gold buildings on either side are office buildings.
We were able to go up to the top of the Bayterek to get a better view of the city. This is the same shot from the top of the Bayterek. You can see the "Mall" type area in between the Bayterek and the Presidential Palace.
Another shot from the top of the Bayterek. The building in this picture is "The Pride of Astana." 
So that's all from Astana today. We hope you are all well.Love to everyone---


8 comments:
Wow!!! We really love the travelogue and all the pictures of the city. There definitely is an aspect of The Mall in DC with the Washington Monument and the Reflecting Pool, etc.. Great-looking city..
But the best part was seeing how independent and smart and funny Rylie is...!!!! Enjoy every single minute..Love, Mom and Dad-aka Nana and Pa
Sara and Adam,
Congratulations on what has to be one of the most beautiful baby girls from Kaz. I am so very happy for you and Rylie. You all look like such a bonded family already and little Rylie fits right in. My heart swells with pride and joy for the two of you and little Rylie. You are amazing! Congratulations!
Hedda
Love the picture of all of you - what a great looking family! Thanks for the most interesting update. love from us
Hi,
I am thrilled to see more pictures of Rylie. What a charmer! I love that you got a picture of the 3 of you. What a great family photo. I must say that I was so very excited to get Rylie's pictures that I showed them to co-workers. She put smiles on everyone's face. Thank you Rylie! I am enjoying the travelogue. It is a great 5 minute stress reducer from work to visit your blog and travel the world. I thank you. Stay well. Take care. Hugs and Kisses. Love, Aunt Raggedy
You take such a nice family picture....I love the pictures. Rylie seems to happy and care free. And I can't believe she would be showing independence so early....she couldn't have gotten that from her mom now could she? Ha Ha.
Love, Rebecca
What beautiful pics, guys!! Rylie is even more beautiful than you described her. And she definitely looks like her mommy!!!! Enjoy every second with her. We hope to have good news to share with you very soon too -- I'm due in a week and a half! Yet another boyfriend on the way for Rylie (does she like younger men?)!
Love,
Debbie & Dan
Hi there!
She's so cute!!! I especially love those photos of her going through your bag! What an independent little girl....she reminds me of her three year old cousin (as well as a certain sister of mine)! Enjoy it...before you know it she'll be walking and getting into things like your make-up. :-)
Micah and Jordyn can't wait to play with their new cousin. Micah is getting more active now and loves to play with toys....he's ready for Rylie to join him in Phoenix. Hopefully she won't get into his face the way his older sister does all the time!
Miss you all and can't wait for you to get home! Enjoy the cold...we're still waiting for "winter" to arrive!!!
Keep the pictures coming!!!
Lots of love,
Bethany (and Jay, Jordyn and Micah)
Hi, again! I guess it's quite unanimous - the child is absolutely exquisite! I too have been showing her off to anyone who passes my desk. I printed out one of Rylie and the family pic and taped them to the shelf over my desk. I'm so happy for you all.
Also love the pictures of the city - nice geography lesson - especially now that I've looked at a map!
Keep those notes and pictures coming!
Love, Elaine
Post a Comment