Tuesday, November 13, 2007

More from Rylie.....

Hi everyone,

I hope you liked my first photos! Things in Astana are pretty good. It is warming up a bit, so that seems to make everyone happy. Not warm by any means, but at least a little closer to the freezing mark.
Here are a few more pictures of my life here in Astana- specifically the playroom at the Baby House. We've been having lots of fun playing together.
This is the big bin of balls. At first, I wasn't so sure about the whole thing.
But after a few minutes, I started to like it in there.
Hey Mommy- do you see me?I love when my Mommy gives me kisses.

And Daddy gives me lots of kisses too!

But all of that playing made me a little sleepy.

So that's my update for the day.

Oh, and just a few things I need to clear up. There seems to be some confusion amongst some of my relatives in Philadelphia and my boyfriend Avi. I am not an Eagles fan. I am a Redskins fan. And Avi, Mommy and Daddy told me that you aren't really an Eagles fan either. While I wasn't able to make it to Gallagher's for the first Eagles/ Skins game of the season, I heard you spit up all over your McNabb jersey. Rumor has it you may be a Skins fan too!

As far as the whole fight song thing goes, Mommy has already started teaching me Hail to the Redskins. For whatever it is worth, Daddy is working on the Hoosier fight song too- I hear that they are ranked 9th in the NCAA preseason poll! And Nana, I'll root for the Pats as long as they aren't playing the Skins. Okay, just had to clear that up.

Oh, and I wanted to wish a very very happy birthday to my cousin Jordyn who is 3 and my cousin Russell who is a little more than 3! Hope you both had a great day.

I love you all,

Rylie Naina

While it seems like most people care about the Rylie Report, we thought we'd fill you in on what we've been up to the past few days. We had a big accomplishment at the grocery store yesterday sans translator. Adam wanted perogies for dinner, which are basically sold frozen, by the scoop out of a bin. There were three bins of perogies, and we weren't sure which had meat in them. So we learned the word- Kartooshka means potato. We asked the woman if they were kartooshka, and then said "nyet" (no) and pointed to the meat counter. She seemed to understand us after a few times of repeating it and a bunch of gestures towards the meat counter. We are happy to report that the perogies we bought were in fact potato. A big accomplishment for Adam! In happy news for Sara, we found Reduced fat Sour Cream & Onion Pringles!! Again, everyone in the Tennen apartment is happy.

We had a funny experience doing our laundry on Sunday. We have a washing machine, but dryers don't exist here. So after we do laundry, we hang our clothes on the drying rack. Each apartment has what they refer to here as a balcony. But really, it is more like a sunroom- completely enclosed by windows. We washed our sheets on Sunday morning, hung them out to dry on the rack. When we went to get them a few hours later they were completely frozen--- with a thin sheet of ice on them! We brought the sheets in and put them in the closet to defrost and dry.

That's basically all to report from Astana. We hope you are all well.

Love to you all---

7 comments:

Mom and Dad Bresnick said...

Hi to all of you--How beautiful you all look.. We are really excited to read the Rylie Report,but we are also very glad to read the report from the other two as well. We loved seeing her in action, and we are glad you have found some edible treats to help you pass the time till you all come home...
Keep sending those pictures...

Stay warm and well! Love--Nana and Pa aka Mom and Dad

Elaine Swartz said...

What a delight! You all look so happy and Ms. Rylie is beyond adorable! Keep those pictures coming! Much love to all of you - please give Rylie some smooches from Cousin Elaine!

Hannah said...

Hello! I love the pictures and the Rylie Report. I am impressed that you were able to get the potato perogies with gestures! Thanks for all of the updates. Keep them coming and stay warm. Miss you!
Love, Hannah

Eve said...

The thought of your frozen sheets is priceless... the laughter in your apartment must have been great! And I'm very proud that you are learning the language enough to ask for the essentials!

AND RYLIE! You are so precious! I love that you had fun in the balls... and that you enjoy sleeping on your mommy... what a gift!

All the best!
love, eve:)

Anonymous said...

Hi all, Wonderful pictures. Oh so happy! I love keeping up with Rylie and life in Kazakhstan. Rylie you are adorable (as if you didn't know this already!). I especially melted when I saw the picture of you sleeping all snuggly with Mommy. It brought back so many memories. I love snuggles and can't wait until I can snuggle with you. Sara and Adam I am very impressed with how well your managing. We just had perogies the other night and Alex loves them. I imagine they are a nice addition to the menu. FYI although your Dad may have told you the Pats are undefeated!!!!! Celtics are doing very well this year too - finally! Take care, stay well. Hugs and Kisses, Love Aunt Raggedy

Saba and Safta: Ed and Elaine said...

Hi guys - we love the amazing pictures of our little wonder (grand)child! Just wait 'till she gets to Chucky Cheese - Adam you remember that! It's been fun talking on skype - we miss your voices. Sadly, we can't talk sports very well, but it's clear Rylie will get lots of input in that dept. Stay warm and well nurished! love from us!

Rebecca said...

Hi Sara and Adam and Rylie - We found out about your blog and wanted to wish you congratulations on the beautiful addition to your family. Rylie is precious beyond words and just as you are blessed to have her, she is blessed to be a part of your family. We wish you all the best.

Bec, Aaron and Ella Kotok

Bringing Rylie Home- Our Journey to Kazakhstan