We just got back from a wonderful and chaotic visit with Rylie and all of her little buddies. Today there were EIGHT families visiting, so it was a bit crowded. But the babies all seemed to enjoy themselves for the most part. We even managed to capture a few pictures of Rylie with some of her friends. It is pretty amazing to think that these babies all started in the same little Baby House- four of them in the same room and pretty soon they will be living all over the world.
This is Rylie and her buddy, Quinn. Pretty soon, Quinn will be going home to Michigan!
We tried to take a group shot of all eight babies today, but some started crawling away, and others started crying. So here is what we got!
We also took a group shot of all eight families! Two families are from California, one from Kansas City, one from Maine, one from Michigan, one from Belgium, one from Germany, and us.
Rylie did surprisingly well with all of the chaos today. But after a while, we took a walk to our favorite hallway hang out--- the fish tank.
So that's about all from Astana. We're heading to the circus this afternoon with all of the other couples here. The Russian Circus is in town! We'll post pictures of the circus tomorrow. And get excited for Monday's post--- Rylie gets to wear her snowsuit! We're taking her to get her passport picture taken.Hope you are all well.
Love to everyone----


8 comments:
Aha! I can be first for a change!They are all so cute! Almost as cute as Rylie! She will have peeps to visit all over the world. Six out of eight is not bad for the group shot; wait 'til you are just trying to get Rylie and her cousins to look the same direction and smile at one time! The families' picture will be one you will be really glad to have later.
I take it you cannot take the little ones to the circus with you. Do they get out as a group at all?
Can't wait to just hug, kiss, and tickle Rylie all over.
And just maybe I will finally have a girl who will like finishing the milk at the bottom of the cereal bowl with her spoon:-) !!
Miss you all! Love you all!
Pa aka Dad (and Mom aka Nana, who, for a change, is sleeping!)
Hi there!
Per ususal I love the pics and seeing all of the babies, although Miss Rylie is of course the shining star!
You and Adam look great, too. Its nice to see your smiling faces. I can't lie, though, I really loved the tease of circus pics and Rylie in a snowsuit best. Its like a personalized version of the local news!
Have fun at the circus! Do they sell peanuts at a Russian circus? Just wondering.
Love
Michele
Hi, I love all the pictures of the babies and the 'family' picture. I know you all will treasure these as part of Rylie's baby book. wwconnections! at its best. Reading about Rylie's love of the fish in the tank I ran out and got her her very own Rainbow Fish boardbook. One for Mommy and Daddy to read to her but she can hold. Can't wait to see the pictures of the Russian circus. I was wondering if you would be going as you mentioned this in a previous blog. I shared your blog and pictures with my friend Barbara. She sends her congratulations! Take care. Stay well. Hugs and Kisses. Ya Lublu T'bya. Aunt Raggedy
Thanks for all the great photos and info! Yes, trying to get a group baby shot is like trying to herd cats! Rylie is getting more adorable every day!
The baby houses there are so impressive. It's so reassuring to see them and hear about the caretakers and know that they are doing the absolute best they can for these children.
Our dossier just went to Consulate, so we're not far behind. It's so inspiring to read other blogs, so thank you for blogging. I'm sure Rylie will treasure it too someday.
Take care,
Regina
www.ruopoliadoption.blogspot.com
We loved looking at the pictures!!!! They are all sooo adorable, and Rylie is going to cherish those pictures when she is older! Also, tell Rylie to enjoy that snowsuit, as she won't need it out here in Phoenix!
Daddy - I was laughing when I read the end of your comment. I hate to break it to you, but some day Rylie is going to realize it's faster to drink the milk at the bottom of the cereal bowl. I just hope she does it for the first time in front of you (or while you're on the phone), just as her cousin Jordyn did! :-) Who knows maybe your grandson will be the one to break the tradition! If it makes you feel better, we make Jordyn pour the extra milk into a cup and drink it out of that instead!
Love you guys and can't wait to see you. We're getting our signs all ready!!!
Bethany (plus Jay, Jordyn & Micah)
Hi - Thanks for sharing such an enjoyable and fun filled collection of pictures - maybe one day they'll all find a way to connect somehow - all of us are enjoying the reports so very much -much love from all of us this weekend - Mom & Dad, Josh & Patricia
I am so impressed with the baby house....they seem to be so well taken care of. Very different than stories I have heard with my students unfortunately.
She just seems so happy and bubbly...I love it. The group baby shot was so cute....I am sure very difficult to do. :)
Life here is going good, 2 more days of school before Thanksgiving break and it can't come soon enough.
Love, Rebecca
Can't wait to see the upcoming pics! Make sure you teach her how to do snow angels! Much love, Samantha [and Brad]
Post a Comment