We'll start with an update on Rylie's Garden. We've already used a lot of our basil. Still waiting for some tomatoes and strawberries.
Our favorite little gardener
After all of my complaining about how Arizona does not have a real pumpkin patch, in fact, I was wrong! We found a fabulous festival in the far south east part of the Phoenix area. We headed down there while Saba and Safta were visiting.
The festival was like a real Fall Festival- complete with a hayride, petting zoo, corn maze, rides, good food, and of course, a pumpkin patch.Rylie took the lead on guiding us through the corn maze.

And as seems to often be the case with Rylie, she frequently opted for the path less taken.
I'm not a big fan of carnival/ fair rides (and it certainly didn't help that while we were waiting in line for this ride, we noticed the ride next to us has broken down with kids stuck on it.) But this ride seemed pretty harmless, and Rylie is very into bees lately, so we couldn't pass up the opportunity! The second the ride started, Rylie starting giggling so loudly, and of course flapping her arms and "buzzing."
Surprisingly, Rylie was not very interested in the petting zoo. She was fascinated with being up close with the animals when they were on the other side of the bars, but once we went in with the animals, she was less intrigued. We ended our visit to the farm with a stop at the pumpkin patch.Once again, the path set out by the people at the farm was not really on Rylie's agenda. She preferred climbing over the pumpkins.

Until she found the perfect one! (We opted for a smaller one to bring home.)
Feeding the ducks at our local train park.

So life is good here in Arizona. New fascinations....
1. Spiders/ants/any bug crawling on the pavement at the park (Rylie usually gets down on her knees, waves and says "hello" and follows the bug. When they disappear into a crevice in the pavement, her arms go out to her sides in a questioning position and she says "Zis it?" Which is Rylie's way of asking "Where is it?")
2. Rylie is very impressed (as she should be!) by her new skills at the park- she can climb the entire playground- even to the very top level. When she accomplishes something, she usually says, "Did it!" I think she learned this from Dora. Wherever it came from, it is unbelievably cute!
3. Shadows- Rylie had been intrigued by these a while ago, but over the past month or so she has become really into her shadow.
4. Realizing that her big bird chair can be used as a step stool and dragging it clear across our house from the playroom to the kitchen, opening the door to the pantry, bringing her chair into the pantry, standing up on in, and reaching for her favorite treats- Nila wafers! Considering Adam and I are both relatively tall and neither of us use step stools, we're not sure where she learned this. Once again, we'll just look at it that she is a good problem solver :-)
5. The Moon. For the past month or two, Rylie has been obsessed with the moon. It is the first thing she asks see in the morning and she loves looking for it at night. On the rare occasion when she sleeps past the time the moon is visible in the morning, she is very disappointed.
Love to everyone...


9 comments:
We loved reading about her escapades. Even though we hear about her everyday, there was still some new stuff here...
Her personality really shines through in these entries. You are doing a great writing job!!!
love, her East Coast Grandparents--Nana and Pa
Rylie clearly has great taste in picking out pumpkins! :-)
The pictures of her marching through the corn are great. Aren't toddlers marching just an awesome thing to watch? I love it!
It sounds like Miss Rylie is keeping you guys busy and helping to fully enjoy fall!
BTW, I can't believe you are "waiting" for your garden vegetables. Too funny. Up here we're starting to till everything in- our growing season is definitely long over.
I have to agree with Nana and Pa... I feel like I do know Rylie -- although much to my sadness I have yet to make her acquaintance. She seems like an amazing girl -- and I love her stories. We like shadows too:)
All my love, Eve:)
Henry loves to drag the step stool all over the house too to reach for things. I never use a step stool so where he thought of this, gets me?? Problem solver, good answer, I will go with that too. LOL
Henry LOVES the moon as well, and often wakes up early enough to see it before the sun is up! UGG!!! Oh, how I wish he would sleep in just sometimes.....
Rylie Looks as beautiful and adorable as ever!
Thanks for all the great updates.
Carolyn
Very sweet! I love the step stool thing! Adorable! And good for you for USING your herbs! I grew tons and then forgot to use all of them. I do this yearly. I am SO LAME! They end up flowering each year - pretty and smells good, but honestly! Oy vey.
Josh and Rylie sound like twins! He waves hello to bugs and last night it was the moon for 20 minutes on the way home!
I am impressed with her garden. I have not been blessed with green thumbs. :)
I did find a costume from ebay. I just got it in the mail and it kind of looks like a dragon. Oh well, he will love it anyway.
aww back to dial up...i MISS DSL in Kostanai. :)
I can't see all the pictures yet, BUT i saw a couple and your daughter gets more beautiful each day. I Love hearing what she is up to! We have so much to look forward to ....me and Leeza.
We cannot wait to meet our buddies Rylie and Sara FOR SURE!
Love the udpates, even though i am not patient enough for the pics to all download. :)
That is cool that you found a pumpkin patch complete with all of the trimmings. I love the bug fascination story. How cute!
Soooo you know Toby! She is a lot of fun...I love reading her blog...what a small world. Riley is one smart cookie figuring out her own special way to do things...sooo cute!
Post a Comment