Wednesday, July 23, 2008

A Very Special Playdate!

Some of you may remember that early on during our trip to Kazakhstan, we had to make a very difficult decision to part ways with our dog, Lucy. There were many reasons for our decision, but the primary ones were that the arrangements we had made for Lucy while we were gone were not working out, and Rylie's doctor believed she had significant allergies, possibly to animals, among other things. We wondered how they would really know this, given the fact that aside from the fish tank in the hallway, there are no animals in the Baby House. But given everything going on, we were so happy that our friend, Adam, who was watching Lucy was able to find her a home. And truly, a PERFECT home. Lucy is in a wonderful home, with a Mommy, Daddy, and 2 brothers. They all spoil her rotten. She is the mascot for one of the boy's little league teams, and she even has her own jersey! She goes to all of the soccer and baseball games. She runs freely through a beautiful backyard. And she gets a ton of attention. While I loved Lucy, I honestly could not be happier for her. It made me so happy to see how happy and loved she is.

Here are a few pictures of our playdate. I got a few really cute pictures of Lucy with her brothers, but until I get permission from Lucy's Mommy, I won't post pics of her brothers.

Rylie assessing Lucy from a distance.

Lucy giving Rylie kisses. Rylie was not so interested.

And then, just because I couldn't resist. Now that Rylie feeds herself with utensils, dinner has become very messy! Seriously, have you ever seen anything cuter?

Usually two utensils are used. The one in the left hand is the one that actually goes in the mouth, while the one in the right hand is primarily for back up.

Love to everyone...

9 comments:

Eve said...

THAT is a fantastic playdate! Lucy looks so happy to be with you again!!! I hope you continue the relationship! :)

And the picture of Rylie eating really is amazingly cute:)

love, eve:)

Jennifer said...

LOL on that last pic! She is absolutely adorable- no doubt about that!

Kim said...

Oh Rylie and Josh have similar eating habits. :-) So glad you were able to find a great home for your dog.

(The gymnastics comment you left cracked me up!)

Carrie, Rich and the Kids said...

Hi,

I am so happy to find your blog! Thanks for leaving a comment on mine. Rylie is beautiful and in many ways reminds me my Savannah.

We are so excited to go to Kazakhstan to find our little boy and we know he is going to resemble our Mayan Princess!

So glad you found your dog a good home and can go for playdates. That is a relief.

I will count your for SBP in September. It is fun to organize it to get to meet new people!

Karen said...

That's wonderful that your furry kid found a great home. Was it hard to seeing him again?

Such a cutie that little Rylie is. Very sweet pictures.

Susan said...

I have SERIOUSLY not seen ANYTHING CUTER than that. I Love her pig tails. Your lil girl is getting so big and even cuter. I want to kiss those sweet cheeks. :)
Lucy is very cute. I am glad she is happy. :)

Go Rylie and her utensils. :)

Aaron and Julie said...

Love the pictures with Lucy :) So glad you guys were able to find her a great home and have peace of mind about it. It is hard when the world of kids and animals collide - we worried that we would have to deal with allergies and make hard decisions. Congrats on winning the Two Hearts raffle :)

Stephanie and Gary said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Tricia said...

Those photos are great. She might be a lefty then? How nice to know that your doggie is so happy in her new home. Hey, I was reading in the Two Hearts newsletter that you were a winner again. First a concert, then a raffle. You are becoming one lucky dog.

Bringing Rylie Home- Our Journey to Kazakhstan