Sunday, July 13, 2008

We are continuing to enjoy our summer- and we're even getting a few cloudy days here and there. After 8 years on the Great Lakes, I never would have thought I would ever get so excited about white skies!

Adam just got back from just under two weeks in Israel. Rylie and I had fun, though I will say that I have the upmost respect for single parents- it is not an easy job! It was definitely interesting to see Rylie's response, even at such a young age, to her Daddy leaving for a bit. She became very clingy to me, which is far from her usual personality. This even included us becoming temporary roommates, slumber parties and all!

I think Rylie was a little mad at Adam when he came home, though the fact that he brought her an Elmo t-shirt definitely helped him work his way back!
Rylie was very tired and cranky at this point in the evening, but I wanted to get a picture of her new Shalom Elmo shirt!

I also got to celebrate my first birthday as a Mommy-

the big 3-0! I love this picture of Jordyn and Rylie. And Micah and Auntie Bethany.Rylie loves spending time with her two cousins. It is such a special treat that the three of them are growing up so closely and know each other so well. Rylie and Micah are in the same camp group and will be in the same class in the Fall.

One more picture from dinner- this one of Rylie and Avi. Jordyn took this picture. I thought it was pretty impressive for a three year old, so I didn't crop it or anything.

While I was in the middle of dusting Rylie's room, I had put many of her display pieces on the floor. Rylie came into the room and set up a little Shabbat table on her ottoman all by herself. We were cracking up watching her, though she had her back to us for most of it, so she didn't know we were watching. She babbled something that was not understandable and then picked up her Kiddish cup and began drinking.

She then picked up her Tzedakah (charity) box and looked at Adam and said "More." As a professional fundraiser for the Jewish community, Adam could not have been happier. It was pretty funny.

Until next time, love to everyone...

14 comments:

Jennifer said...

Happy birthday!!

What a cutie! She just keeps getting more and more beautiful! I love that grin.

My sis is also in AZ and she says she is soooo looking forward to the monsoon season. It's her favorite time of year.

Thanks for the pics!

Unknown said...

Those are great pics! Her hair is getting sooo long, right?!?! And what a cute elmo shirt! So special!

Hope your birthday was fabulous!
love, eve:)

Jenny said...

Happy birthday! Rylie looks cute in her new shirt. I'm glad Adam is back home safely.

SMH said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
SMH said...

Happy birthday! I hope it was wonderful! I love seeing new pictures of your family! Rylie is just too cute;; her shirt is awesome! I have been ecstatic lately with the weather! Although it makes me want to crawl back into bed. Glad that Adam had a safe trip!
Love, Samantha [and Brad!]

Jaimie, Gena and Berik said...

Happy belated birthday. I am just now getting around to reading up on blogs. You know how far behind I am. Berik loves the water too! and of course they can always squeeze into the smallest of spaces. Rylie is so adorable and her smile is contaigious (I know I didn't spell that right). Kudos to you for single parenting, it is hard work! Gena

marsrob said...

ADORABLE that she set up her own Shabbat! SO CUTE!

And happpppyyyyyyy 30!!!!!!

Kjersten, Steve, Aitugan & Nurai said...

Happy Birthday Sara!!

Glad to hear that Adam's travels went well. Great to see the 4th of July photos and now another update. Rylie continues to do so well. It is amazing how quickly they change and learn. Sure is wonderful that she has cousins close by to grow up with. I love the last photo of her with only a diaper and purse. Adorable!!!

KJ, Steve and Tougy

Susan said...

She is adorable!!! and Happy Happy birtdhay!!!

I tell you, after being in California and the downright CHILLY temps (yes, sweater required) Sean and I both want to move there.

I am glad you survived with Adam gone, and glad he is back safe and sound.

Your daughter is not only cute and a diva, but a very sweet smart kiddo too. :)

Patricia Tennen said...

Great pics!! Rylie has a great smile. Happy B-day Sara. Adam - I hope you had a nice trip.

Love

Josh

Aaron and Julie said...

Happy (belated) Birthday!!!!

I don't think I could do 2 weeks solo right now - wow!!!

Kim said...

The Shabbat table is hysterical! What a smart cookie you have.

Tricia said...

Happy belated big 3-0. That is a good year, especially with Rylie in your life. Enjoy!

Stephanie and Gary said...

such great stories of little Rylie! Happy Birthday again!

Steph

Bringing Rylie Home- Our Journey to Kazakhstan