
Visiting with Great Grandma & Great Zadie.
We also got to spend time with Saba and Safta on Saturday.

Rylie loves sitting on curbs. I guess maybe because they are the perfect size for her. Rylie and Saba singing and clapping.
One of my favorite things about Rylie (I have about a million of them) is that she finds humor in the littlest things. She cracks herself up constantly. I love that! Who knows what she is laughing about here!

Enjoying the splash fountain and the carousel at Fashion Island. 
I don't know why, but I love this picture.
After a few days in the OC, we headed down to San Diego. We spent Sunday on the beach in Coronado. While not planned, Auntie Bethany, Uncle Jay, and cousins Jordyn and Micah were in San Diego too!


She especially enjoyed eating sand :-)


Unfortunately, her excitement did not last! Surprisingly, Rylie was terrified of the characters. While it made for a long breakfast, it was reassuring to know that our little Rylie does have some fears (or at least one for now!) Rylie spent most of the breakfast chasing birds and running away from characters.
We also went to the Sesame Street play area for a while. Rylie went on her first ride- Elmo's Flying Fish. Our first time on it was filled with a combination of blank stares and tears.
But as the ride ended, Rylie started giggling, clapping, and screaming "More!" We went back later in the day, and she loved the ride. She wouldn't even let me hold onto her. She kept pushing my arm off of her saying "No!"
Now for the real reason you go to Sea World...
Our little Rylie is definitely an animal lover. She really liked Shamu, and absolutely LOVED the dolphins. Before the Shamu show, we went down to check her out in her viewing tank. Rylie loved the Shamu show and surprisingly sat still the entire time.

We went on a really interesting tram ride called "Tour of Africa." The best part of this park is that the animals are roaming freely through a very large area designed much like their natural habitat (as much as you can make California feel like Africa!)
Rylie loved the animals and said "Hi!" "Bye Bye" and blew kisses to EVERY animal we saw. It was pretty funny, though somewhat embarrassing because I don't think anyone could hear the tour guide over Rylie. 
Unless you include climbing in and out of the stroller or pushing it, Rylie really has no interest in the stroller. For that reason, the Ergo came in very handy!
While the monkey used to be Rylie's favorite animal to imitate, now it is the duck. She walks around saying "Kack Kack" while flapping her arms.
And of course, the carousel. Rylie loves them. Thankfully Daddy can tolerate them better than Mommy- once around and I'm done! Daddy obliged to Rylie's "More!!!"
And now here we are back in Phoenix.
One last thing, special congratulations to the Ruopoli and Serra families!
Love to everyone...


14 comments:
Glad you are back. Great pictures...I love the ones with the characters...Sophie was the same way with the Easter Bunny.
I've been clicking every day seeking an update, so now I feel MUUUUCH better. I just love reading about your family and the "Life of Rylie". Our extended family and two others just a weekend in New Hampshire and enjoyed watching 6 little ones (ages almost 3, 4, almost 5, 6, 7, and 8) bond and have a wonderful time together. Seeing the world through the eyes of a child can brighten the darkest day!
I love the update of Rylie, who by the way is just about the cutest little girl I have ever seen!! Your vacation to Calf. looks like it was so much fun.
Henry and I were at Fashion Island in mid-june, riding on that very same carousel and playing in the slash fountain. We were visiting my brother , who lives in Newport Beach. What a bummer we were not there at the same time! I think I would have flipped out seeing you all there at the same time as us. Maybe next time!
Sea World looked awesome too, I did not know they had a Elmo area there. I took Henry to Disneyland while we were there. Henry enjoyed the characters but hated waiting in line for the rides so we did not do too many rides...
Take care,
Carolyn
Looks like everyone had a blast. How fun for Rylie meeting all her cousins. I'd love to hear what her "laugh" sounds like. Garrett also has a great sense of humor. She's a real cutie for sure. Thanks for sharing.
Wow, it sounds like you had a GREAT vacation!
I love the picture of Rylie with her head tilted back and laughing. Such joy!
Gigi would be envious that Rylie got to meet Elmo. All she's interested in these days is Elmo! :-)
Sara,
I'm jealous that you got to go to CA!! I lived in Huntington Beach (high school/college). My aunt/cousins live in San Diego and Pat and I lived in Port Hueneme. Someday we hope to move back to CA. All the places you took Rylie to we've taken our nephew or gone on our own. We can't wait to take our future little one as well.
I love that Rylie loves to laugh, loves animals, she's super adorable and a cutie!
Eileen
Leeza asked me if her and Rylie could do sea world in Florida together. I told her yes, but she has to get bigger and learn how to walk and run to keep with cutie Rylie in her pig tails.
the charcters are big and scary...Sean was scared of them at Disney even at 3.
So glad you had fun..Rylie makes me smile.
Love her pig tails!!!
Leeza asked me today if her hair would ever grow long enough for pig tails. She is psyched to meet Rylie in real life. I told her alllllllllllllllll about her.
Love ya!!
Great photos! She is suuuucchhh a cutie pie!!!! Glad you had a great vacation!
Rylie's pig tails ROCK!!! She is so cute and I love the pic with her and the GREAT DANE :) Gena,Jaimie and Berik
WHAT A CUTIE!! she's adorable.. and what a fun vacation..
I just found your blog.. and so enjoyed reading it.. wow.. what an incrediable little girl...
we are also in the process of adopting from Kaz... our blog: www.gobblefamilyadoption.blogspot.com
and we'd like to invite you and anyone you know to be apart of our latest fundraiser idea... a cookbook.. an adoption keepsake cookbook... please check out our blog for more details.. but, we'd love to include your little princess..
I can't wait to continue to follow your family as she grows...
thanks for sharing..
Lanetta Gobble
lanettagobble@yahoo.com
Looks like you had a great time. Noah was afraid of characters for a long time but now he runs up to them and wants to stay with them all day. Elmo is pretty scary! :)
Love the adoption video, I hadn't watched it before.
Glad you guys had a great time in SoCal! Ben gave Cookie Monster a tentative hug at Sea World last week - the characters are huge to them!
Looks like you all had a wonderful time. Great photos of Rylie. She is a beauty and surely is enjoying life.
OMG! I'm so late writing! Such fabulous pictures! I love Rylie with the puppies -- and with Elmo too -- seems like she likes dogs more than characters:)
Hoping you are all well!
love, eve:)
Post a Comment