Sunday, April 27, 2008

Keeping busy...

Time seems to be flying by. We have been keeping very busy between a visit from Adam's parents, Saba and Safta (that means Grandpa and Grandma in Hebrew,) Passover- including a seder at Rylie's school, a trip to he zoo, and of course an endless number of afternoons at the park and splash fountain.
Enjoy...

Rylie eating matzah (or more accurately licking the cream cheese off the matzah) at her school's Passover seder.
At the zoo with Caroline! Checking out the monkeys.
Visiting with Saba and Safta

Dinner at Havana Cafe with Saba and Safta for Daddy's 31st Birthday! Happy Birthday Daddy!
Rylie loves her wagon. She even pushes and pulls it all by herself. Rylie also loves her shopping cart and her new baby stroller. Rylie has been feeding herself finger food for a while now. But she is recently starting to feed herself with a spoon... it creates a much messier dinner scene, but she is so proud of herself (as are we!)Dancing while Daddy plays the guitar.
Our little Jew on Shabbat.
Giving money to Tzedakah (charity.) Until next time....

Love to everyone...

10 comments:

Sandi said...

Aww she looks so cute, and she is growing so much. I am glad you guys are able to spend so much time with her she just looks so happy.

I have to comment that she truly looks so much like you guys, it is amazing.

Love the updates.. Sandi

Eve said...

Amazing pictures! I must say, I'm so proud of your little jew! She looks amazing with the matza and kippa! Ok, I probably spelled that wrong... I had an Israeli father but no JDS for me!!! :) jk...

Anyway... love the update... thank you!

Patrick & Eileen said...

She is growing and such a busy little girl! Very sweet :)

Eileen

Jennifer said...

Very adorable pictures. She is always smiling!

Sounds like you guys are so busy with lots of fun activities.

Yay Rylie on learning how to use a spoon! Way to be a big girl!

Tricia said...

What a cutie!

Chrissy and Russell said...

Hello Tennens! Thanks so much for your encouraging comment on my blog... I have a hard time finding people to "vent" to about the adoption process sometimes!

I LOVE the photo of Rylie licking the matza - so cute!

Catalina said...

Such a cute Jewish girl :). She brings me smiles, she is adorable :).

Patrick & Eileen said...

Sara, I don't have your e-mail addy so I'm answering your question here (bath safety).

I think what you're doing is great! I did find something now that you asked! It depends how your turn on the faucet. Check this out:
http://www.babysafetysolutions.com/products.php/c_10/p_89

I don't know if you have a shower curtain or a sliding door on the tub - but maybe if it's shut while not in use it could be *out of sight, out of mind* type thing. If she doesn't see it then she might not be interested in getting in the tub.

If the door remains open, there isn't a shower curtain & Rylie gets in the tub, I would keep one of those soft spout covers on the faucet. Maybe even placing something like a towel draped over the faucet handles (hiding them really). Kids will eventually figure things out though :)

She's young I know but be consistent by teaching her now that touching the bath fixtures is a no-no.

I think I'm going to get one of the faucet covers from that link above. If it works great!! Can't hurt to try! Hope that helps.

Eileen

Susan said...

Does she get cuter everyday or WHAT? I love her bib..Where is my Tiara...if I wore a bib, that is what MINE would say!!!!

She is a diva with her wagon and her shopping cart. Glad you had a great passover and fun with the inlaws.

Good times, good times.
:)

I think we are going to SAn Fran in July to visit my aunt and grandma. I am finally making plans for summer since it looks like we won't be traveling.
My mom told me stop wringing my hands and to get ACTIVE! I don't think she realizes how busy we are, and even though I was not planning summer, cuz I thought we'd be in Kaz, i'm still busy and living my life. :)

Busy reading blogs, that is. :)

Kim said...

Our little jew - hysterical! Love the birthday picture! My kids love matzah too.

Happy Mother's Day!

Bringing Rylie Home- Our Journey to Kazakhstan