Monday, April 7, 2008

We just got back from a wonderful weekend in Philadelphia celebrating our cousin Josh's Bar Mitzvah. It was great to see everyone and introduce Rylie to even more of her crazy family.

Rylie had a blast visiting with people, dancing, and trying lots of new foods (including kugel, potato knishes, and mini hamburgers.)

On Saturday afternoon, Rylie had another birthday celebration with a fabulous Elmo cake! (Thanks Tanta Debbi!)

Nana and Auntie Wendy gave Jordyn a pedicure for the party on Saturday night.


Jordyn and Rylie playing back in the suite.


Rylie's already learned the reality--- you can't pick your relatives! (Nana, Great Uncle Michael, and Tanta Debbi)

Josh's Bar Mitzvah party on Saturday night---
Rylie with Stephanie & Shelly
Rylie dancing--Getting down with Jordyn
Dancing with Daddy

Rylie visiting with Nana and G.G. during the reception.Enough with the pictures already!Hanging out with some of Sara's cousins.
But Mommy, I am so tired. I can't dance anymore...
Getting love from G.G.
Rylie, Jordyn, and Micah at the Sunday brunch.
Micah and Rylie
Our Little Artist...

Rylie proudly displaying her first two art projects- a lady bug and a caterpillar. Have you ever seen anything cuter???
Love to everyone....

12 comments:

Catalina said...

So cute :). she is adorable as always. I love her pictures with mommy and the one with her cousins.

Susan said...

How much fun!!! I love her lil dress-she looked like a lil princess.

Very impressive art work. I used to Save all Sean's stuff-then you run out of room quickly. NOw i sneak and throw it away and he finds it and says MOM, YOU ACCIDENTALLY THREW THIS AWAY. lol

Your family seems very fun. :)

Kim said...

Happy 1st Birthday! I love all the pictures. She looks beautiful in her cute dress.

Eve said...

OMG! That dress is amazing! And I love all the pics! Thanks for sharing!!!

Regina said...

OMG, I love those pictures of her dancing! She was the belle of the ball!!!

Jennifer said...

Her dress is just gorgeous. I adore the photo of her dancing with her Daddy. Absolutely precious!

The artwork is wonderful! I remember seeing Gigi's first artwork and just being amazed and humbled and fell in love all over again with her.

Curlymom & Dr.Dad said...

Hello there! I was THRILLED to get your comment on our new "since we've been home" blog!!! Just thrilled! I think it is SO cool that we landed home with our little girls on the same day. A very special memory and connection - and i TOTALLY remember you AND YOUR DAD and how amazing it was that he was with you!!! I was so jealous that you have such a cool dad that would do that. Send him our regards. Thanks for the kind words about Aila. Now that I know where your blog is, I'll be following! Sounds like your daughter is adjusting beautifully to her new life and family! Stay in touch and best wishes to the little one!!!
Jennifer & Marshall

The Gobble's (Lanetta) said...

I just found your blog and read every entry... my husband and I are also adopting from Kazakhstan... I have to say I cried real tears when seeing your pictures from the airport, when you can home!!! Wow..
thanks for sharing... knowing it's really going to happen is hard to believe when you are waiting, waiting, waiting... She's adorable!! thanks for sharing... you've encouraged us!

Stephanie and Gary said...

Hi, sara -- I loved the photos -- what a party girl Rylie is! Precious photo of the two of you blowing out her birthday candles.

Happy Passover!;-)

Steph and family
Brooklyn

Stephanie and Gary said...

Piggybacking off of what Susan said, I read in a parenting magazine than when the artwork is overtaking your home or the pieces are just too huge, just take a photo of your child in front of the masterpieces. Now you have a 4x6 version of artist and masterpiece, just what you did here. I must try to remember to do this more often! Also, my kids did some nice finger painting. I purchased white matting and larege black gallery frames and now they hang in my dining room as artwork. NO ONE can believe my kids did it because the framing makes it look like abstract art. My kids are thrilled and it's a great personal touch. My two cents for what it's worth!
steph

Kjersten, Steve, Aitugan & Nurai said...

It all happens so quickly. It seems that before we know it they will be heading off to school. We just spent the weekend with Jennifer, Marshall, and Aila and heard that you sat across the aisle from one another on the journey home. They were envious that we would be seeing you in AZ in May and send there best.

I can't wait to get Tougy and Rylie together again. They sure are not the same kids they were back in the playroom in Astana. Lots of love to you all. Take Care

The Cook said...

She is gorgeous.

Bringing Rylie Home- Our Journey to Kazakhstan