Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Our First Mother's Day Together and more...

We had a wonderful first Mother's Day together. On Friday, Rylie and I started out the weekend at her school's Mother's Day celebration. It was a lovely morning and the most perfect way to start the weekend. Here we are on Sunday morning with the art project Rylie and I did together on Friday morning (picture frame with her adorable school picture), and the adorable handprint/ footprint gift Rylie made for me. With my most favorite little gift...
Weekend outfits are important in my world. I've started to introduce Rylie to the world of weekend outfits. Here is her early summer weekend outfit. Seriously, how cute!?!Of course with her purse!Important Rule: When going for a naked walk with your baby, make sure to bring your evening bag.
Rylie loves to carry her lunch pail to and from school. Very grown up!
Hanging out in the playroom before leaving for school. Rylie loves her new table and chairs set from Nana & Pa. She sits there reads books- it is truly adorable. She enjoys coloring too, but after eating 1/2 of a red crayon earlier this week, we've put the crayons away for a while.

Our pool is warm enough! In true Rylie fashion, she sat on the steps for a few moments getting used to the water, and then jumped right in. It is a good thing I was sitting right next to her!
Until next time, love to everyone....

10 comments:

Sandi said...

Aww how cute, So glad you updated and that you had a great mothers day.

She looks like she is getting so big and doing all things that little girls love.

The picture of her naked with her handbag is priceless :)

Sandi

Curlymom & Dr.Dad said...

Absolutely fantastic photos! Oh how I wish we could have Aila in the pool with you guys! We're still having spring here in RI - the lilacs are blooming, which is wonderful, but boy do I yearn for warmth and swimming! Glad you had such a great first mommy's day. Hope to see you in Chicago for the luncheon at Kazapalooza! Regards to your awesome dad!

Tricia said...

Glad you had a great first Mom's Day. That picture of walking the baby naked with a purse is hilarious. That will be one of those pictures to keep and to show her when she gets older.

Susan said...

She is a girl after my own heart. I think I need a Kaz girl!!!
Weekend wear and accesories while naked are PRIORITIES in my life. :)

She is SO CUTE and I can tell you enjoyed your first Mother's day.

I just spent 45 minutes looking for cute close toed shoes for this stupid closed toe non tank top field trip.
Sean spent zero time worrying his HIS footwear. :)

She is precious-love her in the pool and at her lil table. :)

You guys are two peas in a pod. :)

Kim said...

Seriously, how cute she! The naked comment is hysterical! Happy 1st Mother's Day. Homemade crafts are the best!

Unknown said...

OMG! Great great pictures! I love these pictures! They are soooo cute! I absolutely love the naked picture with the purse... too cute!

Happy mother's Day!!!
love to you all!
Eve:)

Kjersten, Steve, Aitugan & Nurai said...

Happy Mother's Day!!

Looks as though you had a wonderful weekend together! How fun to see how much Rylie continues to grow. She is SO adorable!! I can't believe that we are going to get to see all of you again in just under 2 weeks. How exciting!
See you soon,
Kjersten, Steve and Aitugan

Stephanie and Gary said...

Love the photos and the update. Rylie is precious -- what a special mother's day!

Envious of pool time! Ahh, to live out west for just a little bit ...

Talk soon,
Steph

Jennifer said...

What great pictures!! The naked picture is just the best. And the weekend outfit... very cute. You're making me want to go buy something that cute for Gigi!

I'm glad you had a great mother's day. The picture of you holding Rylie cheek to cheek is precious.

What is it with Kaz Beauties and water?! Rylie, Gigi, and Aitugan ought to start a "water daredevil's" class! It's so fun to watch them enjoy the water though even if they do like to jump in at random moments unaided. :-)

Chris & Christy said...

Girls must seriously be programmed for purses and shoes. :)

Christy

Bringing Rylie Home- Our Journey to Kazakhstan