Monday, February 11, 2008

Big News...

Big news...... Rylie is walking (actually,running!!!!!)
She's been walking holding on for a while, letting go to take 3 or 4 steps at a time. But now, she is off and running. It is making it much harder to keep up with our little Rylie. She is so proud of herself when she walks (as are we) that she sometimes stops to clap- but that is when she usually loses her balance and falls.

The other good news is that we got Rylie's Certificate of Citizenship today. It was official before, but now we have a piece of paper to prove it, for whatever that is worth. Our little Rylie is an American Girl.

Wewent to an Arizona Adoptive Families playgroup at a local park on Sunday- yes, it was 77 degrees out! We had a wonderful time meeting a bunch of other really great families. Rylie even became friends with a little girl who is from Kyrgyzstan and is just 2 weeks younger than Rylie!

Otherwise, Rylie continues to amaze us with something new each and every day. We're trying to not be those overly gushing, crazy parents, but I think it is too late and we already are.

Some pictures from the past few weeks.
After all of those layers in Kazakhstan, Rylie LOVES to be in just her diaper.
Rylie's new favorite toy- her shopping cart. Rylie loves her own bin of balls.Check out her "Sorry Angelina, I'm Taken!" onesie...Love to everyone..

7 comments:

Sandi said...

Wow she is really getting big, I can't believe she is walking. 77 degrees I love it, we have been having rather warm weather too.

I love the updates.

Sandi

Catalina said...

I did not read your blog for a while, she grew up so much! She is very cute!!!

Eve said...

So many 'wow's in this one!

LOVE that she is walking... you go girl!

And I love that you have such warm weather there... it was almost 17 degrees in NY today... watch out!

And those pictures are amazing... She is just so cute! And I love that Angelina top...

And, could I say and more often...

So... I love the blog... and I miss it when you don't write... so thanks for the update!

Susan said...

ok, that Angelina onesie is too cute. I must have one! Where did you get it?
I do not have my kid yet and I am buying everyhing. I need to stop, but I must have that onesie. :)

She is so cute, and congrats on the walking. But, I also remember how much more work it was! She is so cute!
How cool that you you are meeting other Kaz kids. That is awesome!!!

It's been warm here too. YAY!

So good to get updates from you guys.
She is a sweetie!! Makes me realize how much we have to look forward to, AND, to enjoy my free time NOW! :)

Kim said...

LOL!!!! That shirt is hysterical!

Regina said...

She is growing too fast! Don't they have anything to fix that???

Congratulations (I think!) on the walking milestone.

She is an absolute sweetie, and you'd better still keep looking over your shoulder for Angelina!

Jennifer Axtell said...

Hello! We have so many questions for you. I loved your blog and your daughter is so beautiful. It's nice to 'know' someone from the same adoption agency. We arrived a month later but our Gulsana talked about you guys a lot. I didn't see your e-mail on the comments you left on our blog. Please e-mail me at
jaxtell22@yahoo.com. It's nice to know Rylie is adjusting so well.
Tim & Jen Axtell

Bringing Rylie Home- Our Journey to Kazakhstan