Monday, January 28, 2008

Some more firsts...

Just a quick update from Arizona---
Rylie is doing great. I (Sara) am back at work and Rylie is now in daycare. After some initial adjustments, she is continuing to amaze us with her adaptability. She seems really happy to be around other children again and is starting to talk up a storm. Last week when Adam came home from work, she crawled over to him and said "Dada." And today when I was putting her in her carseat, she touched my chest and said "Mama." We're not really sure how much she is associating yet, but we like to believe that she is.

We had a fun week starting out with a trip to the train park. Rylie got to go on her first carousel ride with her Cousin Micah and Cousin Jordyn. She loved it!

Rylie also had her first professional pictures taken. We don't have any legal means of posting them on here since we didn't buy the CD, but we will tell you that she LOVED the camera!

Later in the week, Rylie had her first friend come to visit for the weekend. Rylie's friend, Jordyn, came with her Mommy and Daddy to visit. Rylie and Jordyn had lots of fun playing together. We went to the Zoo and had lots of fun dinners out. Here are Rylie and Jordyn at the zoo. They even got to taste Mommy and Daddy's ICEEs- I know, not very healthy, but they only had a few little tastes! No shocker, both girls loved it!


Aside from the ICEE, Rylie has been devouring table food. She's been pretty picky when it comes to baby food, so we're hoping the addition of table food resolves our eating issues. So far, she basically eats any table food I have put in front of her- including: cut up fruit, cheese, crackers, steamed vegetables, and of course, Rylie's new favorites- Avocado and Cheese Quesadillas. After all, she is an Arizona girl now!


That's all from AZ. Hope you are all well....

9 comments:

Sandi said...

Holy cow she is growing up quickly. She looks really cute and I am glad that everyone is getting settled.

Sandi

Unknown said...

LOVE that she said MAMA and DADA! Tell Rylie that SLP friend Eve is VERY PROUD OF HER!

The pictures are great...and your commentary as always is fabulous! It is so nice to keep up with what's happening now that you are back in AZ!

And.... are you going to the Superbowl or what?!

Now, although I miss my daily posts... I am happy when you share what's happening there... Thanks for keeping it up now that you are home!

love, eve

Susan said...

I am sure she is TOTALLY associating you as Mama and Adam as Dada! She is a smart cookie! And even smarter that she likes avocado's and cheese quesdilla's. I LOVE avocodas and have a friend with a tree so i get them a lot! I hope our baby Kaz loves them too.

Great to get an update, glad you are doing well back at work and Rylie is loving the other kiddo's at daycare. :) My son did too. :)

Regina said...

Anyone who loves avocado has got to be a smart cookie! :-)

Thanks for the Rylie fix. I'm so glad to hear how happy you all are. Her little face just lights up the screen!

Angela said...

Sara,

Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog. I can't remember if I posted while following your journey, but I did! I loved how calmly and gracefully your family went through your adoption of beautiful Rylie. As a PAP, following the blogs of others who are going through the process has reassured me that we can do it too! I don't think I can tell you how important that is. So, thanks for sharing. It looks like you all are doing so well. Take care.

Angela
dossier at the embassy

Kim said...

We went to the Phoenix Zoo for Thanksgiving a year ago and saw some Christmas lights. Fun fun fun! Noah LOVED the merry go round.

Didn't you want to cry when she said mama and dada? Love it!

Kjersten, Steve, Aitugan & Nurai said...

Hello to our AZ friends!

Thanks for your message. I've been meaning to write you the past few days. It's been fun to see the photos of Rylie's adventures in Arizona. That avacado looks good squished on little faces and fingers, doesn't it? Well, my first day at work went better than I expected. (Whew!) How has it been for you with work and family so far? I'd love to keep in contact with you by email at some point as well as just by blog. If you're interested, whenever you get a spare minute, send me a message. oumou99@yahoo.com
Any news on Greg, Maria and Sabina?
Big hugs to all three of you!
-Kjersten, Steve and Aitugan

Matthew Ruley said...

Rylie is SO cute - I'm commenting on several posts. I LOVE the pictures of you being welcomed home, it made me kinda weepy. I can only imagine what it will be like to touch down after being away so long. What a wonderful support group you have there - both at the airport and Sabbat!

Patrick & Eileen said...

Hi Sara,
I didn't know how to contact you so I went to my blog and clicked on your name when you posted a message.

Thank you for sharing/helping me with some of the questions I had. Very helpful!

I think we'll end up bringing both a sippy cup and bottle to Kaz to see how it works for us. Also you're the second person who mentioned Earth's Best food. We saw it and think we'll have to give that a try too!

I will look into the formula dividers that you mentioned. That's something I didn't know about.

Thanks again!

By the way, Rylie is such a cutie! How I didn't know about your blog, I don't know?

Eileen

Bringing Rylie Home- Our Journey to Kazakhstan