Monday, October 29, 2007

We found her ticklish spot!!

So that's the big news of the day. Baby T has a ticklish spot. It is somewhere in the lower part of her stomach on the side. Only Daddy's been able to find it so far. But when he gets it, she lets out the biggest giggle. It is adorable. That was basically the highlight of today's visit with Baby T. Her favorite caregiver was back today, we think she was gone for the weekend. Otherwise, not much else to report from our visit with her today.

After the Baby House, we went to the synagogue with our translator, and Dan & Kerry (the other couple over here right now.) We met the Rabbi and the President of the Jewish Community of Astana. We went around 12:30, and they pulled out a whole meal for us. It was really nice. The Rabbi gave us a tour of the synagogue. He explained that the Synagogue (pictured above) is actually only 3 years old. The inside has classrooms and a dining room where they have regular activities. The turn out for Shabbat services is usually pretty small, but we may try and check them out at some point during our trip. The president of the community was very excited to hear that Adam works for the Federation. I think he was expecting a big check, so I think he was a little disappointed.... When the Rabbi was giving us a tour of the sanctuary, he was explaining how it faces south west, which was a big change coming from America when they always face east (for all of you reading who aren't Jewish----towards Jerusalem.) Makes us realize just how far away from home we are!



This is the front to the synagogue. We still can't figure out how to turn the pictures.
The Synagogue in Astana- this is the side entrance, but in the center, you can see the big menorah they have set up for Chanukah.
Below is a picture of the sanctuary.


This is us with the Rabbi of Astana.
The meal they served us (we are with Kerry and Dan, the other couple here with our agency.)

So that's the scoop from Astana today. It is definitely getting colder each day, but we're trying to think of it as a nice change from Phoenix. But believe us, we'll be ready to be in the sunshine again soon!
One last picture.....THE PREVIOUSLY MENTIONED SNOWSUIT!




Enjoy the pictures, and in one week, Baby T will be making her grand debut! Get excited!!!!!

For all of you who are in process and getting ready to travel, here are a few suggestions that we have so far:

Definitely bring:
1. Towels and a king flat sheet (they are SO expensive here!)
2. Short sleeve shirts/ tank tops- the Baby House is so hot.

We'll add more as we go, but that's the suggestions as of now. Oh, and bring a lot of patience :-)

Okay, love to everyone.








10 comments:

Susan said...

hey, thanks for the travel tip on towels, sheet, and the tank tops. :)

I can't wait to see pics of the bambino!!!!

It's very fun to follow your blog.
Cool pics of the synogogue.(spelling?)

Mom and Dad Bresnick said...

Hey there--Wow! It was so great to see you both in the pictures. Please say hi to Kerry and Dan as well. We are glad that you have company over there!

We are looking forward to seeing Baby T soon. Just thankful that you have found each other and she is such a joy!

We are walking around bleary-eyed having stayed up all night celebrating with the Red Sox --by long distance , of course, but still we watched all the replays and enjoyed! Now, we are focused on the Patriots....We wait for the new blogs from you and check about 48 times a day and night--another reason for bleary-eyes. We love reading all the comments as well.

Stay well and warm! We love you and miss you..Give our new little girl lots of hugs and cuddles and kisses...Love,
Mom and Dad aka Nana and Pa

Anonymous said...

Hi,
Great to see you - you look wonderful. Giggles are wonderful! Can't wait to 'meet' Baby T. The synagogue looks quite impressive. It must be nice to have Kerry and Dan there too. Going through the same experience and all. I can see by your Mom and Dad's message you have now heard about the Sox. I'm impressed they were able to stay awake. From what Alex said the game ended around 1:30 (or that is when he went to bed!). I didn't make it past 10:00. The news on the Patriots front is quite impressive to although I missed the game it must have gotten boring! A Patriot blow out - Patriots 52 Redskins 7. The synagogue appears to be an impressive structure. Be well. Hugs and Kisses. Aunt Raggedy

Sandi said...

Hello there..
Thanks for the travel tips, I knew it was hot, but tank tops, wow, so layering is a must I take it.

One week until Baby T comes to live from your blog, how exciting.

I have been talking with Kerry via email so I am glad to see a picture of the 4 of you, it is nice to see you have someone else to be patient with :)

Sandi

Unknown said...

I love the snowsuit! Its so great that you have found her tickle spot, how much fun! The synagogue looks very nice, it is cool that you can have that connection over in Kaz.

I miss talking to you but I am so happy that everything is going so well. Tickle Baby T for me!

Love, Michele

PS. Sara, this has nothing to do with anything but did we discuss the book Atonement? I feel like we did--its a movie now!!! I am very excited, was at the theatre last night, saw the preview, and immediately thought, "who am I going to tell about this? I always call Sara." See, you hold a very special place in my life :)

Matthew Ruley said...

Thank you for sharing, I so enjoy your updates and suggestions. Cant wait to see the litte one! Congratulations, and continue to be safe. Suz "waiting!"

Saba and Safta: Ed and Elaine said...

Hi - giggles are good! We can help with that! - and we are counting the days for her grand debut, too. After all of the suspense, her nickname must be: "baby T" and what a story goes with that!
All the best from here, much love,
mom & dad

Bethany said...

It's so nice to see pictures of you guys! The synagogue was beautiful, too. Tell Baby T to enjoy that snowsuit, as she won't need it when she gets to Phoenix. It's still in the low 90's and upper 80's here!

We miss you! I can't wait to tickle Baby T. Micah has become quite giggly, so maybe they will enjoy giggling together!

One last thing....yes, we can play American Girl together :-) Jordyn might want to join in the fun, too! Mom is having a grand time ordering American Girl stuff!

Have to run! I'm going to show my class the pictures of the synagogue later!

Love you both!

Bethany (and Jay, Jordyn and Micah)

Hannah said...

Hello! It was great reading more about Baby T and life in Astana. Like everyone else I am excited to see Baby T although it was nice to see pictures of you guys today. I continue to stalk your blog as it is a substitute for talking to you!! Miss you and glad you are doing well.
Love, Hannah, Jeremy and Jordyn

Unknown said...

congrats, guys!!! a baby girl...how cute! i can't wait to meet her, snowsuit and all. :)


ps: guess who's your new bureau mate?

Bringing Rylie Home- Our Journey to Kazakhstan