Our first full weekend in Kaz.....
On Saturday, since it was the holiday, we didn't get to go to the Baby House. Instead, we went to "Mega"- the brand new mall that opened in Astana. It is pretty over the top. Absolutely beautiful, but everything is super expensive. Afterwards, we went to the regular mall. That is the one everyone had told us about before we traveled. The stores are really tiny and narrow, but very interesting things. We bought a snow suit for Baby T. We had been looking for one in AZ before we left, but no real surprise that we couldn't find one.
The most exciting part of the mall was the ground floor- this huge market. It actually rivaled the Westside Market from Cleveland, which for those of you who know us, you know how much we LOVED that place. All the fruits and vegetables are organic and delicious. The prepared salads are really good as well. We definitely have not been losing weight, as people told us we would over here!
We crashed pretty early last night after watching a few episodes of "The Office" on our dvd player. (Thanks Dan, we love it!)
Today we got to visit Baby T, which is unusual for a Sunday. We had a great visit with her. Each day we see new changes. She smiled a ton for us, which completely melts our hearts. Her gummy smile is the cutest--- she is just starting to get a tooth popping through on the bottom.
We (actually Sara) are happy to report that she was playing with her soccer ball a lot today. She loves her stacking cups (which for all of you who are in process and traveling soon, definitely bring them! They all seem to love them, and they pack really easily.) She's also a thumb sucker (just like her cousin Jordyn!) and she seems to like Elmo too! And while we can't send pictures, we will tell you this- she has HUGE cheeks!!!! We think that each one weighs at least a pound!
After our visit, we went to an Uzbeki restaurant for lunch. It was delicious, and definitely different than the other food we've had so far. And it had a great atmosphere.
So that's pretty much the scoop for today....
As always, we miss you all and while we are enjoying our time over here, we can't wait to be home with you.
Love to you all----
Oh, and four last things....
1. Go Sox! We get the games on tape delay on some French station!
2. Michele- a McD hot fudge sundae sounds so good....
3. She will definitely be a Hoosier fan- that is a given in our house! Adam wasn't happy that I accidentally left that one off.
4. She is very excited about her American Girl doll. Okay, I won't lie, I haven't told her yet- but I am really excited. Bethany, maybe we can come over and after the kids go to sleep we can play with them!?!?!
Sunday, October 28, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


8 comments:
Dear Sara and Adam--
We miss you both and now Baby T so much. We are glad that you are getting to know each other so well. Enjoy! Enjoy! Back here, there are about three kazillion people who are reading this blog and enjoying everything that you are writing and experiencing as well.We, especially , think about you all the time. Bethany and Mom have been missing having the "daily" conversations with you, Sara, but have both become devoted 24 hour "blog-stalkers". Between this and the World Series four hour long late-night games, Mom has not been sleeping much.. Go Sox! Go Baby T! (We do like Baby T as a name better than Boratina, although we are waiting for the real name, again like everyone else.)
We are glad that you found the Westside Market substitute. That and the cold will take care of any Cleveland homesickness that you might have. Enjoy that as well...
Be well and know how much we love you--all three of you..Mom and Dad-aka Nana and Pa
I am so excited to have found your blog!! Your daughter sounds precious!!! It sounds like you are having fun. Is it cold there?
I coudn't find a snow suit either (we live in florida) but snagged one on e-bay for $25.
We are also with CAI and our dossier just hit the MFA last week.
so glad to have a new blog to follow, stalk, whatever. :)
Like everyone else, I'm looking forward to pictures and the vital statistics! And the name - I'm still second-guessing the name of one of our kids - and he's almost 38!!
You will have so much to tell your new daughter about this journey. I always knew you two were special - and you will make wonderful parents.
Love, Elaine
Hi - what a wonderful way to keep up with your adventure. We love finding this update on baby T and life in Kaz. She sounds adorable. We have all sorts of imaginary pictures of what this little girl must look like - and now with 1 lb cheeks!
much love, mom & dad
Sounds like you had a nice weekend. Thanks for the update. The market seems great and will be nice to go to throughout your stay. We love hearing the details about Baby T. Looking forward to hearing more. Miss you!
Love, Hannah, Jeremy and Jordyn
It sounds like you two are having a wonderful time--how could you not with such a cute little baby! I am glad you are eating well--very important--and are getting to spend so much time with Baby T.
The three of you are often in my thoughts, glad to hear all of the good news! Lots of Love, Michele
Hi!
I love hearing about your life, in what everyone is referring to as Kaz... which is much easier for me than Kazakhstan since every time I say it, Jeff has to corrent my pronounciation. Good thing I can sign.
Anyway... I am so happy that you are so happy. And I'm so happy that you have found the sox on tv there. I won't mention the Pats-Skins game today, but if she does end up being a Sox fan, then I know she will be happy.
All my love and good wishes, Eve:)
Love the update. It sounds like your having a good time thus far.
Can't wait to see Baby T in pictures and read her name in black and white.
Thanks for the updates, as a blog reader it is much appreciated.
Hopefully it is not FREEZING, but I am sure that compared to Arizona it has to be cold.
Sandi
Post a Comment