Greetings from Astana...
Thank you all so much for the comments. You have no idea how exciting it is for us to read them.
Yesterday was a little bit stressful. Due to some things beyond our control, we had to move out of our apartment on like 15 minutes notice. It was completely stressful, but it seems things always work out for a reason. Our new apartment is amazing, a thousand times better. It seems like the theme of the trip is- how much can you stress Sara out and push her to the limit before it eventually seems to work out for the best. Needless to say there have been our fair moments of stressed out tears, but whenever we are pushed to the limit, we sit and look at pictures of our little girl on the camera and remember instantly why it is that we are here.
Yesterday morning we had a great visit with little Tennen. She definitely has some gymnast tendencies- she will roll over 5 times in a row in one direction, stop, and then roll back. When she stops her perfomance, she giggles. It makes us a little dizzy, but she doesn't seem phased at all. She loves to be thrown up in the air by her Daddy. And she loves to play with musical toys- she even dances a little to them. It is very cute. She likes to cuddle and be read to by Mommy and play peakaboo with Daddy, and she loves to look in the mirror. She is crawling pretty well and is sitting up better every day. Sara keeps trying to get her to play with the little soccer ball, but she doesn't seem so interested yet- we are working on that.
Many of you have been asking about her name- we will post it soon. Truthfully, we haven't really decided. We thought we had it picked out when we came here, but we love her birth name and are still trying to sort things out. By the time we send her pictures, we will figure out what her name will be.
The baby house is amazing. It is on some level heartbreaking, but unbelievably clean and bright. You can tell that the caregivers love the babies so much and spend so much of the time singing with them and talking to them. It is definitely nice to know that our little girl was well taken care of during her first few months.
Thank you again for all of the emails and comments. We will try our best to respond, but know that we love all of you and appreciate your good wishes more than you can imagine. We are hoping to have internet installed in our apartment Monday. Which means our phone line will be set up as well.
Love to you all.....
Friday, October 26, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


7 comments:
Hi--I am so excited to read all of this.I am waiting to meet her and see all of these wonderful things that she is doing. Sara--fyi--those were all the wonderful "gymnastic" things that you did as a little girl. We enjoyed watching you then as much as you enjoy watching her now. That is one of the joys of "parenthood". Savor every special moment.
We miss you and are just "blog-stalking" like everyone else. Keep writing...
Love, Mom (and Dad who will write later--He's sleeping. Not into as much 24 hour blog-stalking as I am )
PS--I have lots of hugs and kisses waiting for all three of you. I will also place my order at American Girl's website later today. I already picked out her Biddy Baby with all accessories. Love ya!!!!
I love the update, it definitely helps those of us at home waiting to travel.
Are you also waiting to disclose how old your daughter is until you post the pictures?
I can only imagine the stress of having to move that fast after just getting settled in, but everything happens for a reason, right? :)
Thanks for the updates and looking forward to reading more tomorrow.
Sandi
It was great waking up this morning and getting to read your newest post. I can't imagine how stressful some of your time has been, but it sounds like your daughter is so much fun and so it is worth every minute. I love hearing about your time with her and look forward to more entries!!!:) Miss talking with you!
Love,Hannah(Jeremy and Jordyn too!)
Hi,
This is truly an adventure with all its twists and turns. Baby Tennen sounds like a sweetie. A happy little girl at that. I remember watching Eric and Alex. Amazing to watch their interaction with and growth in the world around them. The best entertainment around! The cuddles and snuggles brought special moments. Treasure the peacefulness of them. I spoke with Debby and Meryl and they are very excited for you and send their love. Stay well. Hugs and Kisses to the Tennen family. Love, Aunt Raggedy
Hi guys - thanks for the update - we can't wait to join in cuddling and playing with our special little girl - and by the way, don't forget that when college basketball season comes she wears a Hoosier t-shirt! We're counting the days to see her!
love, mom & dad
Wow, 15 minutes to move out of the apartment? Thank goodness your new apartment is better for you -- hopefully that helps in the end! We are so delighted to be following along -- we have only just submitted our dossier -- and we are honored and so appreciative to be able to follow your story. We can't wait to "meet" your daughter.
Continued best wishes,
Karen & Glenn.
Hello my friends!
I have to say I am not shocked at all about BT's (baby Tennen) ability to do all of her tricks. I always figured your children would be like us--pretty, smart, and funny--you know, the total package :)
I am sorry to hear you have had some stress...just think of it like you two being on the Amazing Race--you always wanted to do it, right? Just think of all of the amazing stories BT will get to hear...she is going to feel so special and truly loved!
I had a celebratory hot fudge sundae from McDonalds in BT's honor...
Much love Michele
Post a Comment