Saturday, August 30, 2008

17 months old

Rylie at 17 months old.
We spent the day in Sedona- a morning hike, a picnic for lunch, and an afternoon drive home that fell perfectly during naptime. Rylie amazed us with her hiking abilities. We knew she loves to walk, run, jump (getting better at this everyday), and especially loves to climb, but we had no idea she would love hiking this much! Needless to say, we're thrilled :-) We were really impressed by her balance. By the end of the hike, there were some scrapes on her knees and lots of red dirt on her legs, shorts, and hands, but our Rylie was all smiles.
No more postcards, Safta! I ready for Mt. Whitney!
Our little Rylie is also a Parrothead, much to her Daddy's happiness. Rylie loves Buffet and has some serious dancing moves. She dances everywhere- we think she hears music in her head. It is adorable!


Check out my moves!

Love to everyone...

17 comments:

Sandi said...

whoo hoo to the newest Buffett fan, I love him... Great pictures and update. SO happy to hear that all is well and that Riley is growing up.

sandi

Kim said...

Oh I love Sedona! So breathtaking! Great pictures, Riley is certainly growing fast.

Noah's favorite Buffett song is "Fins." He enjoys being a shark! :)

Jennifer said...

Wow, what beautiful photos! That first one is simply gorgeous!

Happy month birthday Rylie! 17 months! My how time flies!

Patrick & Eileen said...

I've been checking your blog daily Sara. I know you're busy! Rylie is just adorable and I have to see if there is anything new.

This was another great update. How cute that she likes to hike and enjoy her time outdoors. Just wonderful.

I can hear the music in my head and totally visualize her dancing around!!

Thanks for sharing,
Eileen

Elaine Swartz said...

I too check every day for updates and get so excited and happy when that gorgeous face pops up! She is such a wonder and a blessing. I'm sure she has her moments but her happiness is so evident in that beautiful face. What a truly wonderful "shidduch" that brought you together. Please give her hugs and smooches from her cousins far away in MA!

Carolyn Tarpey said...

Hi Sara,

It is hard to believe Rylie is already, 17 months, it seems like yesterday when I was doing an update on Henry at 17 months. Rylie is just adorable and so pretty.

That is great she loves the outdoors so much and enjoyed your big hike, way to go Rylie!

Happy 17 month birthday Rylie!

John & Jenny Morgan said...

She looks so big, especially hiking all by herself! Looks liks she and Roxana share some of the same dance moves!

Tricia said...

I am so jealous that you can go to Sedona for a day trip. It is so beautiful there! Rylie looks like she is in her element there. And how cool that she, too, is a parrot head.

KazAdventurers said...

So cute! Thanks for the Rylie update!
I love checking on other families while we wait...and wait...!
Lovely scenery! Corey has been there, and I hope to visit one day as well.
Lisa

Susan said...

oh my goodnes...RYLIE is prettier and prettier everyday!

she is capital AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA ADORABLE!

how fun she loves to hike, and dance...a princess but not afraid to get dirty!

i love Sedona..how gorgeous. Not as gorgeous as Rylie though...

I love her!!! I love her hair, her eyes, her lil cute personality.
ok, i'm sounding freakish, but she's just so cute. :)

Karen said...

Such gorgeous photos—I can never get enough of Sedona. And Rylie is quite the outdoor girl isn't she? Dancer, hiker, cutie pie–she's so well rounded. Great update.

marsrob said...

Happy 17 months bday, cutie pie!!! CUTE PHOTOS!!!

Kjersten, Steve, Aitugan & Nurai said...

Wow, Rylie continues to look FANTASTIC!! She is SO adorable. I do often see similarities with Tougy in Rylie's photos. They are both growing so quickly, I wish we could get together again soon. It was LOADS of fun to have Tougy and Aila together as they are continuing to interact with one another more and more as they get older. I smile just envisioning Tougy and Rylie playing in the water fountain near your house again. : )

Love those moves that Rylie's making while dancing. She certainly does have good taste in music! Great taste in outdoor activities and location too. We loved those red rocks for climbing when we were out there in May.

Happy 17 months dear Rylie!!
Hugs,
KJ, Steve and Tougy

Junior said...

riley looks like she is growing fast. she is soooo cute. we are looking forward to our next visit.

love

Josh and Patricia

Eve said...

Those pictures are once again amazing! I'm so jealous that you get to go to sedona so easily!!! Miss you!

Catalina said...

great pictures of Rylie, she is beautiful and at only 17 months I think she is Yulia`s size (9.7 kilos - almost 22 lbs). Definteley she grew up and she changed since last tme I saw her. Thank you for checking on us :).
Catalina

The Cook said...

Ohhh that first picture...gorgeous. I love Sedona.

Bringing Rylie Home- Our Journey to Kazakhstan