Sunday, March 9, 2008

Just a quick update from Phoenix...
Rylie has had a great couple of weeks. We have been really busy between Rylie's first ear infection and stomach flu (all in one week!), Sara starting a new job, a bunch of trips to the park, Rylie starting gymnastics class, and a couple of outdoor festivals/ carnivals.
Last weekend, we went to WorldFest in Phoenix. It was a big festival downtown with activities, food, and music from all of Phoenix's sister cities. There were cities from France, Canada, China, Israel, Ireland, Mexico, Japan, and a few others that I know I am forgeting. No representatives from Kazakhstan, but still a fun, outdoor activity.
On Friday, Adam's work had a Welcome Home party for Rylie. It was a lot of fun getting to see everyone, and as always, Rylie had a blast.
This is when we got to Adam's office. Rylie was much more interested in exploring (and destroying) Adam's office than posing for a picture.
This is one of the fabulous centerpieces one of Adam's colleagues made for the party.
Check out those pigtails!
In case you hadn't figured it out yet, Rylie loves to be the center of attention!
Rylie also started gymnastics last week. She loves it. She is such a little monkey in the class- she loves hanging upside down and climbs all over the place.
Today we went to the Purim Carnival at the JCC. For those of you who don't know what Purim is, basically- Jewish children get to dress up twice a year- Halloween and Purim. And instead of going trick or treating, there is a big carnival with rides, music, food, etc. Here's our little lady in her costume...
Love to everyone....

7 comments:

Eve said...

I LOVE THE PIGTAILS! SO CUTE!

And... I am so jealous that at your Purim carnival Rylie was wearing short sleeves (never mind the adorable costume). Looks like Phoenix is treating you all well!

All the best!
Eve:)

Sandi said...

Oh my GOSH, how stinking cute. I love the costume and her pig tails are the best. I am glad all is going well and glad that Rylie is no longer sick.

Sandi

Kim said...

I love love love the ladybug costume, absolutely adorable. Those centerpieces are awesome.

Kim

Susan said...

Sara, she is just adorable!! She just makes me smile.
i love her lil outfits--she is a snazzy dresser!!! Love love love all her clothes.

Happy Purim Carnival too.
She makes me smile.

What is your new job? That is great!!
Looks like ya'll are enjoying some wonderful weather.

The centerpieces are incredible-wow, someone really creative and thoughtful did that. How blessed you are to have such caring friends. :)

Angela said...

Oh my goodness! What adorable photos of Rylie. She is thriving!

Jaimie, Gena and Berik said...

That's the cutest ladybug I've ever seen. She is darling and the pigtails and so so cute!! Gymnastics sounds like alot of fun,unfortunatly we live in a small town and I don't think we have that but should check into it. I am glad she is feeling better! In 2007 we had one to two ear infections every single month except June from Jan-Oct and finally got them to give him tubes, much better! Gena

Stacy said...

She is so stinking cute!! She reminds me of Haven, love the pigtails!!

Bringing Rylie Home- Our Journey to Kazakhstan